Our team consists of family physician Dr. Rithesh Ram, family physician Dr. Farah Marani, Clinic General Manager Kathy Stark, Patient Care Manager Ashlyn Herzog, Patient Care Coordinators Candace Baxter and Jessie Hansen. Future team members will include Nurse Practitioner Jennifer Danielsen, and Dr. Veronique Ram who is presently completing her residency and will be with us periodically until completion of her Resident Program, at which time she will be a permanent team member.
Other members of the Patient Care Team you may encounter are Pharmacist Ray Ainscough with Riverside Value Drug Mart who has a dispensary on location and is available for medication review and counselling. Registered Psychologist Rachel Dundas offers counselling services through Wheatland County Counselling.
Dr. Marani’s commitment to Riverside Medical has been preempted by an unforeseen family situation. Regretfully, she will not be able to continue coming to Drumheller to see the patients at Riverside Medical. Dr. Marani wishes to extend her sincere apologies for not being able to fulfill her commitment.
Dr. Rithesh Ram is accepting new patients and also offers Same Day Appointments after 9:00 a.m. Monday to Friday. We have extended clinic hours on Mondays, (excluding holidays and on call days) until 7:00 pm.
Our doctors’ specialize in Rural Generalist Medicine:
- Comprehensive primary care for individuals, families and communities
- Hospital in-patient care and/or related secondary medical care in the institutional, home or ambulatory setting
- Emergency care in the hospital
- Extended and evolving service in one or more areas of focused cognitive and/or procedural practice as required to sustain needed health services locally among a network of colleagues
- A population health approach that is relevant to the community
- Working as part of a multi-professional and multi-disciplinary team of colleagues, both local and distant, to provide services within a ‘system of care’ that is aligned and responsive to community needs.
Our physicians have also completed specialized training in elder care, sports medicine, ultrasound guided injections for joint pain, minor surgical procedures, chronic pain, and mental health.
The clinic offers a very convenient location with free, unlimited parking in the Badlands Community Facility lot, wheelchair access with reserved front parking.